Florida is the south-easternmost State of the United States with one side being covered with the Atlantic and the other with the Gulf of Mexico; hundreds of miles of the state are beaches. The state has amazing destination places like Miami, Orlando, Walt Disney World, Daytona Beach, St. Petersburg, Panama City Beach, Key West, etc., which makes the state a beautiful tourist place all over the world. Its warm subtropical climate suits best for vacations and holidays.
But, do you know that you need to register your car in Florida even if you only live there part-time. Yes, you heard it correctly, according to Florida state law if you have a car in Florida for more than 90 days per year, your vehicle must be registered in Florida. And those 90 days do not have to be consecutive.
As this seems to be very necessary in order to live even for some time in Florida, let’s get to know about how can you apply for vehicle registration, and its renewal, what all documents are required for the same, and how to apply for driving license in the state of Florida.
What are the online services provided by the Florida DMV?
There are a number of services offered by Florida DMV. Below are listed a few of them:
- Driving Tests
- Driving Records
- Traffic School
- Change of Address
- Registration Renewal FAQ
- Driver’s Manual/Handbook
- Driver’s License Check
- Driving Laws
- Traffic School Check
- Specialty License Plates
- Driver’s License
- Renew Registration Online
- Florida CDL
- Insurance Requirements
- Search DMV
How to apply for Driver’s License and its renewal in Florida?
To apply for Driver’s License in Florida you need to follow these steps:
- Visit https://www.dmvusa.com/state.php?id=10
- Fill the application form for License https://www.flhsmv.gov/pdf/forms/86056.pdf
- Make an appointment https://www.dmvusa.com/statelink.php?id=127
- Submit all the required documents along with the application form
- Give the Vision Test
- Give the Skills test
- And the Driving Test
- Pay the required fee
To renew your license, the requirements are as follows:
- Turn in your Current License
- Pass a Vision Test
- Submit two proof of address (if address is changed)
- Primary Identification proof
- Proof of Social Security Number
What are the documents required for Driver’s License in Florida?
- Proof of Identity
- Proof of change of Legal Name (If any)
- Social Security Number
- Proof of Residential Address (2)
- Certificate of Address Form, duly filled and submitted with other documents https://www.flhsmv.gov/pdf/forms/certification_of_address.pdf
How to apply for Vehicle Registration and its renewal and what are the documents required for the same?
For the first time Registration of Vehicle in Florida a fee of $225 is charged. It takes place in person at a local service center at the time of titling. These are the local centers for the same. https://www.flhsmv.gov/locations/ .For a new registration you need to submit some documents that are as follows:
- Proof of Identity
- Proof of Florida Insurance
- A complete application for certificate of Title With/Without Registration https://www.flhsmv.gov/pdf/forms/82040.pdf
Renewal of Vehicle Registration can be done online.
- You need to visit the website https://www.dmvusa.com/statelink.php?id=840 .
- Click on Renew Florida Registration.
- After that choose your county.
- Fill the required details in Registration Search
- Get your License Renewed
- Pay the fees
What is the Driver’s License Fee in Florida?
|Fee Type||Fee Amount|
|Original Class E||$48.00|
|Renewal Class E||$48.00|
|Original/Renewal Commercial Driver License||$75.00|
|Original School Board Commercial Driver License||$48.00|
|Renewal School Board Commercial Driver License||$48.00|
|Driver History Record (3 Year)||$8.00|
|Driver History Record (7 Year)||$10.00|
Frequently Asked Questions:
The new Title costs $77.25 for Vehicle in Florida and used costs $85.25. Fast Title costs $10.00 and Lien only costs $74.25.
The application required for the License of a Motor Vehicle in Florida is this https://www.flhsmv.gov/pdf/forms/86056.pdf .It needs to be completely filled and submitted in the DMV to apply for a Driver’s License in Florida.
You can update your changed name and address by visiting this website and following the necessary steps given https://www.flhsmv.gov/name-and-address-changes/
Yes, we can check the Driving Records online on Florida DMV.