Windows 8 is the most recent operating system full of highly interactive features released by Microsoft. Windows 8 comprised of UEFI interface, Hybrid boot etc characteristics with elegant look and feel. Lock screen is basically developed when your computer is not being used; Windows 8 inherits the concept of smart phones lock screen. On the other hand traditional windows operating system does not possess this sort of system of lock screen. Windows 8 is the new generation windows and therefore entails smart features that you never had seen before.
Lock screen is generated when anyone re-starts, lock or open it from sleep, however lock screen displays the following attributes:
- Background image which you have set on the desktop background.
- Current date and time.
- Present network status and battery status.
With lock screen system you can manage your apps which you required frequently to view the updates. Generally, you can put seven apps on the lock screen and this is quite astonishing feature which Windows 8 supports. You can easily compose the changes in Windows 8 lock screen by following two ways-
Method 1- Accessing through group policy editor
- You can open Run Window by pressing Window+R key on your monitor screen.
- In the run window, text “gpedit.msc” after that press enter key and output will generate Group Policy Editor Screen.
- Now, on the left panel of window open computer configuration-Administrative templates-and then Control Panel sequentially afterwards a list of options appeared on your screen, among them you would choose Personalization accordingly you can get the option to change and configure lock screen window and start menu is also there.
- With the help of option like change lock screen image and set background image you can enable/disable the lock screen.
Method 2- Through registry Editor
- Open the run window by pressing Window+R key through your keyboard which enable Run window.
- After that text “regedit” in the run window which opens Registry Editor.
- In the registry editor you can use this path to find registry files HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINES/SOFTWARE/Polocies/Microsoft/Windows/Personalization.
- If you are not able to find the create new registry file through this path then you can use the other alternative DWORD No lock screen and sets it value 1 or 0 respectively for enabling and disabling.
- After this whole process, you can restart your computer so that all changes work effectively.
These are the basic techniques which are used for maintaining and managing the lock screen and even you can put your important messaging app on the lock screen so that you can get the notification while not using the computer internally.