A blogging arena is an online service which is used to host blogs and the most important thing is what platform you would choose for blogging. As there are various platforms which supports blogging but most popular and vastly used platforms are WordPress and Blogger. Most of the time, people are confused about the platform that which one is best for their blogging. In this post, you would be seeing the difference between the two platforms WordPress & Blogger, then you will able to take your decision which one to go for in a long run.
Differences between Blogger and WordPress-
- Platform Difference– WordPress is a CMS (Content Management System) used to create, update and manage your blogs. Millions of people used WordPress for their blogs because of its reliable and simple functionality which are not found in other blogging network. WordPresss is a well- known blogging platform for professional because it can be used to create and manage both static and dynamic sites without much effort. On the other hand, Blogger is also most eminent blogging arena owned by web’s giant Google. As a beginner, Blogger is the right platform for blogging because here you can post any category of blogs related to cooking, travels, painting etc.
- Cost of Blogging-For blogging on WordPress you must require hosting package or you can buy domain directly from WordPress.com to initiate the blog while Blogger provides two kinds of services i.e. Blogspot.com and Blogegr.com. In Blogspot.com, you can get a free domain name for free and you can start your blogging without any charge while in Blogger.com, you can host your own domain name and start working on your blog.
Also Read :- Tips to write First Paragraph of Every Blog Post
- Security Difference-On the basis of security, Blogger is more secure than WordPress because Blogger is owned by Google which possess tight security on their servers unlike the WordPress which are easily hacked.
- Interface structure– Blogger consists of easy and understandable Dashboard interface for newbies and you can manage all domain names from one dashboard but when we talk about WordPress, we cannot manage all domain names under one dashboard while the structure is quite different as it includes professional looking dashboard and more interactive website outlook.
- Quicker Indexing– As Blogger is the Google hosted blogging platform that’s why Blogger indexed far more quickly than other blogging platforms. On the other hand, WordPress has some SEO options to index the pages but not faster than Blogger because of self hosted platform.
Apart from these common differences, WordPress possess additional features like Themes customization, Plugin facility which makes it better than Blogger. Even more, WordPress provides you the full control over the website while Blogger website is not completely owned by you because it is hosted on Google. So, these are the key differences among two competitor of Blogging network and it is your choice which one you will go for on the basis of benefits.