We often see different types of vehicles on the road these days. In the older days, it was just some models of the car that were there. Now, a lot of different models of cars, bikes, trucks, boats are coming into the market. But to drive them we all need a different kind of licenses. And where can we get these licenses from? Let’s guess! Yes, you are right. It is from the Department of Motor Vehicle present in each state of the United States. Every other person nowadays owns one two or maybe three vehicles. But, he/she needs a license to drive the vehicle as well. A license gives a person authority to drive safely and smoothly on the road and permits a person to drive on the road as well. Without a license, a person can be charged with a heavy penalty and even end up in prison. So, in order to know every service provided by these DMVs we need to go through this article.
Connecticut is the fourth most densely populated state in the United States. Therefore, the numbers of vehicles are more as compared to the other states. Hence, the department of vehicles here takes care of all the needs of the residents related to their vehicle. Let our know-how.
What are the online services provided by the Connecticut DMV?
There are a number of online services provided by the Connecticut DMV. These are as follows:
- Appointments: Make an appointment at DMV; Learner’s Permit Test; Road Test; CDL Knowledge test; AAA offices; Milford DMV Express office; North Haven DMV Express office; Norwalk DMV Express office; Stamford DMV Express office.
- Businesses: CT Commercial Vehicle Operations (CVO) Portal; Dealer/Repairer License Renewal; Lien Status Inquiry (Sign Up Required)
- License Services: Change address; Driver’s License suspension Payments; Check Driver’s License Status; Commercial Driver self-certification; Pay infraction ticket; Medical Certification System; Request and View Driver History; Track License/ID Delivery Status; Child safety class registration.
- Non-Driver ID: non-Driver ID Renewal; Duplicate Non-Driver ID
- Vehicle Services: Cancel Registration and License Plates; Change Address; Check Property Tax, Insurance, Emissions, Other Compliance Issues; Lookup registration status; Order special license plates; Pay Emission Test Late Fee; Renew Registration; Replace Damaged license plates; Reprint registration certificate; Vessel Registration Renewal.
How to apply online for Driver’s License and Renewal in Connecticut DMV?
To apply for Driver’s License in Connecticut involves an easy and effective process. These are as follows:
- Apply for a Learner’s Permit https://portal.ct.gov/DMV/Licenses/Licenses/Applying-for-a-License/Learners-Permit–Main-Page
- Make an appointment for the Knowledge and Vision Test
- Submit the required documents for Learner’s Permit
- After holding the Permit for the required amount of time, take the roads skills test
- Pass the test
- Pay the fee $40 Testing fee and $19 Learner’s Permit
Connecticut’s residents can renew their license in person by visiting the DMV with a prior Appointment. Apply for Renew of Driver’s License here https://portal.ct.gov/DMV/DMV-Services/Renew-Drivers-License
What are the documents required for Driver’s License in Connecticut DMV?
The documents required for Driver’s License in Connecticut DMV are as follows:
- Identity proof (US Passport or Passport Card, Certificate of Citizenship, Permanent Resident Card)
- Proof of Full Legal Name
- Social Security Number
- Two proof of Connecticut Residency
- Legal presence in U.S.
- Name change documents (if applicable)
How to apply for Vehicle Registration and renewal in Connecticut DMV?
To apply for Vehicle Registration and renewal in Connecticut DMV you need to apply here https://portal.ct.gov/DMV/CIVLS—Modernization/Registration-CIVLS/Vehicle-Types/New-Registrations Make an appointment here for Vehicle registration and submit the necessary documents https://nqa3.nemoqappointment.com/Booking/Booking/Index/ct56hj7ft5
The online vehicle registration renewal can be done by providing the following information:
- A personal Identification Number (PIN)
- First and Last Names as it appears on your license or ID Card
- CT Driver’s License or Non-Driver ID Number
- Date of Birth
What are the documents required for Vehicle Registration in Connecticut DMV?
Various documents required for Vehicle Registration in Connecticut DMV are:
- Identification Proof
- Proof of Insurance
- Complete Registration Application(Form H-13B) You need to fill this form given here https://portal.ct.gov/-/media/DMV/20/29/H13Bpdf.pdf
- Bill of Sale
- Payment of $195 for new vehicle registration plate and additional $10 processing fee
- Proof of Ownership
What is the fee for Vehicle Registration in Connecticut DMV?
|Fee Type||Fee Amount|
|Greenhouse Gas Fee||$10.00|
|Clean Air Act Fee||$15.00|
|Passport to the Parks Fee||$15.00|
|Sales Tax (Sales from Licensed Dealer)||6.35%|
Frequently Asked Questions:
Yes, you can fill and print registration form online but you need to submit the complete form in the DMV or through Mail.
Yes, you need a Proof of Ownership and a Title in order to register your vehicle in Connecticut.
The Plate fee is $7.00 while registering a vehicle in Connecticut.
You may renew online the registration of your vehicle up to 30 days after the expiration. But you need to pay a late fee of $10.00, 5 days after expiration.