Arizona, the Grand Canyon State is also known as the “Valley of Sun” due to Sunshine all year round and excellent climate. It is a great place to visit and to live. It is having beautiful spa resorts, golf clubs to spent vacations being very relaxed and comfortable. The lower cost of living and taxes and the businesses moving to the State have resulted in a boost to the economy and welfare of the citizens.
With all this in hand, the State also has a Motor Vehicle Department that takes care of the Driver’s License, Vehicle Registration, License renewal, and records of the vehicle of its citizens. The people of Arizona rely on the Motor Vehicle Department when they buy a new vehicle or when their child turns of an eligible age to drive their vehicle. This being said, let’s get to know more about the Motor Vehicle Department of Arizona, its online services, application of Driver’s License, and Vehicle registration in detail.
What is the Online Services offered by Arizona MVD?
There are some online services offered by Arizona MVD. These are listed below.
- Vehicle Registration Services: This includes Registration Renewal, update Address & Contact info, Registration Replacement with decal, Registration Refund, Sold Notice-Submit, Disability Placard Replacement, Motor Vehicle Record, Vehicle Fees/ Taxes Paid, Emissions, 30-Day General Use Permit, Restricted 3-Day Permit, Fleet Management, Off-Highway decals.
- Title Services: Check Vehicle Title Status, eTitle Transfer, Title Replacement are part of this.
- Driver License & ID Services: Driver License Application, Driver License Replacement, Arizona Travel ID, Permit Test at home, Identification Card Application, Identification Card Replacement, Commercial Driver License Application, Commercial Driver License Replacement, CDL Medical Status Verification, Driver License Record.
- Other Services: Manage Insurance, Manage Compliance Issues, Watch your Car, Prepaid Voucher, Voter Registration, Update Official MVD Information, Schedule in-office MVD appointments, View information related to Driver License/ID and vehicle are included in this.
How do you apply for Driver’s License and its renewal in Arizona MVD?
You need to apply for Instructional Permit first, that allows you to practice driving under supervision. Then, you need to get a Graduated License, that allows you to drive unsupervised but with certain restrictions. Finally, you can apply for a Full (Adult) License that allows you to drive with no restrictions at all.
For applying for the same you need to follow some steps.
- Visit https://azdot.gov/motor-vehicles/driver-services
- Click on Apply for the Driver’s License
- Make an account and log in
- Fill the Application Form
- Schedule an Appointment at an MVD office
- Gather all the necessary documents
- On the scheduled date and time, reach the MVD office
- Check-in and get your photo taken
- Get your documents reviewed and the application processed by the service representative.
- Pay the required fee ($7.00)
- Give the Driving Test and Vision Test
- Wait for the Driver’s License to get delivered in your mail.
What are the documents required to apply for Driver’s License in Arizona MVD?
The documents required for applying Driver’s License in Arizona MVD are as follows:
- Birth Certificate or U.S. Passport (For Legal Status)
- Social Security Number
- Proof of Residency (Two documents with your current address)
How do you apply for Vehicle Registration and its renewal in Arizona MVD?
You can apply for Vehicle Registration by the following certain steps listed below:
- Complete the Title and Registration Application
- Provide proof of Level 1 inspection, if applicable
- Provide Proof of Arizona Car Insurance
- Bring Driver’s License
- Gather and provide all the other documents required
- Pay the fee
- $2.80 per $100 of assessed value for new vehicle and $2.89 per $100 for used vehicle.
You can renew your Vehicle Registration in Arizona MVD by following steps:
- Visit https://azdot.gov/motor-vehicles/vehicle-services/vehicle-registration
- Go on Registration/ renewal
- Click Vehicle Registration Renewal
- Enter Vehicle Information like Record Number and last 2 digits of Vehicle ID Number
- Click Continue
- Pay fee
What are the documents required for Vehicle Registration in Arizona MVD?
There are a number of documents required for Vehicle Registration in Arizona MVD. They are:
- A complete and signed Title and Registration Application
- An Emission Compliance form
- A Level 1 vehicle inspection (if the out-of-state title and/or registration is missing)
- Current Registration
- Driver’s License
- Proof of Residence
- Proof of car insurance
- Registration Fee
Frequently Asked Questions:
You must apply for the title within 15 days of the purchase of a vehicle and get it registered. For new residents, you have 30 days to get the title and register your vehicle from the time you arrived Arizona.
The Vehicle Sales Tax is 5.6% of the price of the vehicle, the Title fee is $4.00, the Plate Transfer fee is $12.00, and the Registration fee is $8.00
Yes, you can get your license renewed in Arizona by visiting Department of Motor Vehicle office or by applying online. You can also schedule the appointment for the test online.
Licenses expire on 65th birthday of a person, until then they just need to update their photos every 12 years and vision test every 5 years.
DMV Office Locator